Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Guinness Football Challenge Marcel Desailly


Guinness Football Challenge

Marcel Desailly

They say good things come in threes and if recent events are anything to go by,
it seems that the saying is true! I have just spent three very enjoyable days at
my sports facility in Accra, where I have had the immense pleasure of working
alongside three absolute legends of African football - Rigobert Song, Jay Jay
Okocha and Kalusha Bwalya. Together we have been filming for the GUINNESS®
FOOTBALL CHALLENGE™, which, I’m delighted to say, will be back on TV screens
very soon for its second season.

Like all lovers of the beautiful game, I was a huge fan of the first series which
is why I was so delighted to be asked to be involved in the show’s new season.
It’s very flattering and great fun to be working alongside such greats as Jay Jay,
Rigobert and Kalusha and I’m honoured that the Lizzy Sports Complex was
chosen as the location for the filming. It’s been a real pleasure to host both the L
egends and the team from the GUINNESS® FOOTBALL CHALLENGE™.

If you’ve never seen the show, it’s all about achieving greatness by combining
football brains and football brawn to overcome trivia and physical challenges
as teams shoot for glory and the cash prizes on offer. As Legends, our role is to
show the contestants how best to take on the physical challenges, and having
spent the last three days filming them I’ve got to admit that some are pretty
tough! We gave them our best shot but I’m really hoping the contestants don’t
end up showing us up with their skills!

We also spent some time making the GUINNESS® FOOTBALL CHALLENGE™
viral and all I can say is if the result is anywhere near as much fun as we had
filming it, then audiences everywhere are in for a treat! And you probably won’t
be surprised to know that we ended the final day doing what we love the most.
Wherever you find a group of ex-footballers and a ball, there’s a pretty high
chance some kind of game will happen – so we challenged some of the media and
crew toa game of 4-a-side, which was great fun. The other teams put up a good
challenge, but I’m delighted to say that we were on fire!

All in all it was a thoroughly enjoyable three days. It was great to pull the boots
on once again alongside the other guys and now I can’t wait for the show to start
so we can see all the contestants in action. And of course I’m especially excited
about the Legends Special episode at the end of the series where Rigobert, Jay
Jay, Kalusha and myself get partnered with the top scoring consumers who have
been playing the GUINNESS® FOOTBALL CHALLENGE™ game on their mobile
handsets. We’ll be showing off our fancy footwork and they’ll be showing the
nation just how much they know about football! If you want to be in with a
chance of playing the game with us, make sure you sign up to m.guinnessvip.com.
I need a good partner as I’m determined to show the other Legends how it
should be done – so get playing!

Please remember to drink responsibly, strictly 18/21+.

No comments:

Post a Comment